Little victories

Went to the radiologist this week for a bone density scan. I have apparently entered the old lady phase of life, as I have shrunk two inches. I suggested that since I'm sporting several extra inches around my middle, they might take from there to get my height back to 5'10".

The radiology tech was friendly and gendered me properly, for which I was grateful. I was changing into the johnny while she ran through her questionnaire. As I emerged from behind the curtain, she asked, "When did you go through menopause?" I was momentarily stumped. She turned when I didn't respond right away. "I'm transgender," I said, smiling helpfully. 

And these are the words that moved my heart. She said, "Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't realize."


Doesn't happen often. Appreciate it when it comes around. 

Comments